Friday, August 25, 2006

3 SONG LIST!


Last night I was listening to Radio Plaisance, 102.3fm from Perigueux! A great eclectic station with great new music programs. I hear a lot of stuff I would never hear anywhere else. They also have programming in Occitan, the pre French country patois still spoken here. Sort of a mix of crude Latin and Celt. I was drifting off to sleep when suddenly,my eyes shot open and I was wide awake as "7+7is" by the band Love came on the air. That is one of the songs that have gotten so deep into my brain that I cannot responsibly drive a car and listen to it at the same time! We all have pieces of music that are so totally of a moment to us and are so perfect that they take over when they are played!
If I had to make a list of the 3 songs that do it to me, I would be hard pressed. But here goes.....
Shotgun by Jr.Walker and the Allstars!
7 and 7 is by Love
Flashlight by Parliiament/Funkadelic
That is the shortlist!
There are so many more Institutionalized by Social Distortion!
Trouble Comin' Everday by the Mothers of Invention
Subterrenean Homesick Blues by Bob Dylan........
Almost any of Little Richards singles!
You know how it is, but I stand by my short list. How about you? Give me your short list and we'll rate it!
Arthur Lee, Rest in Peace! A true American visionary genius. A black man who was too hip for a white world. Check out those early Love albums, Love, DaCapo, Forever Changes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The stuff that makes an impression on you when you're young has that really special quality, even if they're not ultimately your favorite songs by that artist.

1- The Beatles - We Can Work it Out
2- Dylan - Stuck Inside of Mobile
3- Hendrix - Little Wing ("Hendrix in the West" live version)