Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Last night......

So last night around 11:30, I took my dog, J Edgar out for a walk on the lane. It was an incredibly clear night and I saw the milky way and as stood in awe, I became aware that there were meteors every few seconds. One was quite spectacular, lasting a few seconds and making an orange purplish trail! It was incredibly silent and as we walked, I looked across the valley and saw a brilliant glare at the tree line. This was very unusual and I thought perhaps there was a fire. As I walked to see if I could see more, the glare became more brilliant. I started to go back to the house to get binoculars because if it was a fire, it could become a disaster fast!
Then as I walked back, the fire began to separate from the hilltop and I realized I was looking at the crescent moon low on the horizon rising in brilliance. What a beautiful planet we live on.

No comments: