Sunday, October 01, 2006

I'M BACK

After 11 days and untold thousands of kilos of grapes on my back, I arrived home this morning! Lots of rain and mud but it was a pretty good grape harvest in spite of the bizarre weather this year. Cold wet spring, Hot dry spell in the summer, more cold and wet, hot and dry....still the quality was good. Not as good as 2005, which will be one of the great wines of the century by all accounts.
I'm a little tired tonight and I have a French class tomorrow AM so I will be brief. I will have some photos in the near future and some interesting stories I hope!
Meanwhile, tonight, I am thanking everyone who sent me their 3 SONG HIT lists and here is the list up to now!
Me:
Flashlight by Parliament/Funkadelic
7&7 by Love
Shotgun by Jr. Walker and the All Stars

Mitch from Sheephead Bay sent:
We Can Work It Out by The Beatles
Stuck Inside of Mobile by Bob Dylan
Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix

Hello sent:
Strawberry Fields by The Beatles
To Be Over by Yes
Hey Jude by The Beatles

Terrible Swede from Erie, MI sent:
Kick Out The Jams by The MC5 (YEAH!)
One of Us by Joan Osborn
Crystal Ship by The Doors
Jazz list:
3 versions of Goodbye Pork Pie Hat by 1)Charles Mingus, 2)Jeff Beck 3)Stanley Clarke

wjohnson sent 3 albums as he thinks an artist should be judged by the quality of their total work rather than one hit wonders:
Live At The Filmore East by Frank Zappa and the Mothers
Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen
For The Faithful by The Grateful Dead

jen from Toledo sent:
Lives In The Balance by Ritchie Havens
Ghost by Indigo Girls
I Would Die 4 U by Prince

I will keep doing this and I hope that it inspires you to send me your 3 SONG HIT list. The Idea is not to think to much! I want to know what music makes it impossible for you to listen and drive a car at the same time!

A bientot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Patrick,
Glad to see your back. I just want to start by saying what a professional site you have and how much I really enjoy the subjects you cover. I am looking forward to your next posting and everyone’s replies.

Good Job!!