Monday, November 05, 2007

Zappadan Draws Nigh



This is just a reminder that the feast of Zappadan is drawing closer. I posted this video in joyous anticipatation of the joyous yearly event. This piece does not actually feature Frank Zappa, it has Ringo Starr portraying a character who resembles him named Larry the Dwarf. It also features Theodore Bikel and Keith Moon as a harp playing nun and members of the London Symphony Orchestra. They are being forced to perform in this depraved farce for your enjoyment!

I leave you with this as I am about to go to the USA for 2 weeks. Discuss.....

See You!
I will try to post from the USA!

4 comments:

steve said...

haha, they had a funny bit on Family guy about Ringo. Whenever Ringo would write a song for the band, they would give him a patronizing: "good job Ringo".. "Excelent stuff". And Paul would hang it on the refrigerator and say "There, I'm just gonna put it right here so we can see it whenever we're practicing".

mark hoback said...

Ringo made an even better Zappa than Mike Nesmith.

Anonymous said...

Microdot

That was out there for sure.

I clicked on the sketch underneath with Steve Martin and Keith Moon. An old Saturday night sketch it appears and pretty funny stuff.

P

-Sepp said...

1000 hotels! I haven't seen that one around in a while.
Here in the USA and in Detroit and didn't even let me know? Microdot, I'm just gonna drink that beer I've been saving for ya!