Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Censored Video!


I was going to run the video of Bush's Drunken Wall Street Comments at the Pete Olson July 18th Fundraiser in Texas, but as I went from viewing the video on the Houston KTRK TV Station Blog which first ran it, it was pulled from circulation by YouTube.
Too bad, POTUS was in fine form, rambling on inanely for a minute or so, but it was his comments referring to Wall Street getting drunk which really are worth the price of admission.
So, I have a transcript:

Wall Street got drunk, it got drunk, (it’s one of the reasons I asked you to turn off your tv cameras.) It got drunk and now it’s got a hangover. The question is how long will it sober up, and not try to do all these fancy financial instruments.

And now we got a housing issue, not in Houston, and evidently, not in Dallas, because Laura was over there trying to buy a house today. (laugher.. Crawford!)

I like Crawford, unfortunately after eight years of asking her to sacrifice, I’m now no longer the decision maker. She’ll be deciding, thanks for the suggestion! I suggest you don’t yell it out when she’s here. Later, telling her “Hey honey, we’ve been on government pay now for 14 years... so go slow!"

It’s uh.. caused me to lose my train of thought. Anyway......

The entire video runs about 2 minutes, the portion with the President runs just around a minute.

So, my take on this is that if Wall Street got drunk, then Bush and the Republican Congress were the bartenders who enabled this drunk to get into it's car and crash the economy.
In most States, it is illegal for a bartender to keep selling alcohol to a customer who is out of control. It is also the responsiblity of the bar, as has been proven in many lawsuits, to keep the patron from driving.
If the bartender keeps selling the drunk more whiskey and then lets him get in his car and crash the economy, he is liable as an accessory.

No comments: