Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'd Love To Turn You On


A very beautiful taste of spring in the Dordogne today, and all too brief because we are in for a week of rain. I have exhausted myself between my wall work, cleaning the garden chores, getting ready to repaint the shutters, keeping up with my very silly dog and biking...that's the hardest part. Getting started after a winter of telling myself that it's too cold or wet or grey. So today, I biked to St. Robert and back.
In the garden, the raspberries are beginning to show some bud action. I see rhubarb coming up and tulips, daffodils and little early irises are blooming.
I have some subjects I'd like to explore later, but not now, perhaps you'e enjoy this great instrumental version of the Beatles classic, A Day In The Life by the master, Jeff Beck with his 21 year old Australian Bass player, Tal Wilkenfeld.
This live performance was from the Crossroads Festival in 2007.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great vid. Today in Rome we had the first spring-like day of the year. It's been the worst winter in recent memory. Thank goodness it's about over.

Looking forward to those subjects you'll explore later.