Friday, November 27, 2009

Cocktails For Two


This was inspired by a conversation with my wife in which we both admitted that our favorite record when we were very young was Spike Jones Laughing record. The Laughing record is based on the The Flight of The Bumblebee, played on trumpet, but it never actually gets played.
I remember seeing Spike Jones in the 50's and started to look to see if there was any archival footage...here's someting for starters. A live performance of Cocktails for Two that just begins to show the visual and sonic mayhem of Spike Jones and His City Slickers....

2 comments:

revere said...

I loved Spike Jones, too. I remember Cocktails for Two vividly and there was an anti-fascist record about Hitler.

microdot said...

Heil, Heil, Heil! Right In The Fuhrers' Face!

I saw a link for the audio on YouTube as well as a WW2 Warners Brothers Propaganda Cartoon with Daffy Duck.
I actually love the WW2 Cartoons that the big studios put out during the war.
They pushed the edges of humor and graphic animation innovation to the edge...great stuff!