Saturday, January 16, 2010

MSF/DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS SLIDESHOW



More than 2,000 patients have been treated so far at MSF locations, and patients are pouring in. MSF teams are doing their best in terms of administering first aid, but surgery needs are huge. Major impediment have to do with blockages at the airport, challenges to moving people and freight quickly, and damage to pre-existing facilities.
This slide show was put up only a few hours ago. To donate, tax deductable in the USA, to MSF/Doctors Without Borders for Haitian Earthquake relief, click on the widget on the side of the blog.

2 comments:

steve said...

I've been reading a lot about Doctors without borders.. I'm so inspired I might try to get in with them when I graduate nursing school.

microdot said...

I had my buddy, Marius over for dinner this evening. He's Dutch and his wife is in England visiting some family. He and his wife met while working for Medicins sans Frontieres in Cambodia back in the late 80's.
His speciality was sanitation and setting up infrastructure for refuge camps. His wife was logistics...
He worked in Bosnia, Cambodia, Mauritania, Somalia and Mali...finally they ended up together working in Ruanda and were on the last plane out when things got really ugly.
They are the best neighbors, the most hands on people I have ever met.
Marius still works occasionally with a village in Mali he "adopted"
I have to find the link, ut a few years ago, he participated in a project to bring a herd of donkeys across the Sahara. A gift from one village to another. A Dutch film maker went with them and made a documentary that was shown on PBS around 2001.
I think that they inspired me to devote so much blog space to MSF.
Smart, Innovative Humanitarian Action