Friday, March 26, 2010

Ben L'Oncle Soul


I won't have real internet usage back until next Tuesday, but let's not stop us from having a French Music Friday! I am very excited to have learned about this great artist who goes under the name of Ben L'Oncle Soul. A French kid who was raised on Wilson Pickett and has so much good natured spirit and natural charisma that he borders on heroic...the first video is a busking performance of Marvin Gayes' I Heard It Through The Grapevine performed acoustically on the Paris Metro. It's pretty cool.

The second is a collaboration with the American Rapper, Beat Assaillant with the official video for Spy. Beat Assaillant was a menber of the Outkast Posse and moved to Europe about 6 years ago and has taken the inspiration of Outkast and moved way beyond. I heard this piece last performed live and my mental imagery of the music suggested a mid 60's James Bond Movie that was never made.
Then I saw the video....too fuckin cool!


Bear with me for a few days...I will be back.....

1 comment:

mud_rake said...

I'm 'bearing' but anxiously.