Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gush


A little music by another new French Group, Gush. They are very low tech, acoustic guitars and simple keyboards. The drummer has a very primitive drum kit, but they all sing and this is almost in the tradition of barbershop harmony. A song called Jealousy.
I like the disarming lyrics, a kind of poetry that could only come from trying to qwrite in another language. I write in French and often when I reread or have someone read wat I have written, they suggest how I coud have said it more simply or elegantly, but never more sincerely.

I thought I would have internet service restored today. The technicians came and looked at the lines and said they had to get a different type of cable and they would come back tomorrow? I have a connection that asts for a few minutes at a time and then disappears for hours...

No comments: