Friday, May 14, 2010

Big Noise From Winnetka


I had the pleasure of seeing Kyle Eastwood play last night. He has a small, young jazz ensemble and the drummer was the incomparable Manu Katche. One of the pieces they performed was the classic Big Wind From Winnetka and I found a version live on YouTube from last year. Kyle plays a lot in France and works with his father scoring Clints films. Kyle, though is becoming one of the virtuosos of modern bass. Tis guy will carry the Clintwood reputation for artistic integrity far into the 21st century.

2 comments:

mud_rake said...

I always thought that the 'noise' from Winnetka was Judge Eaton Beans. Or was that the line from, 'Odor in the court!'

microdot said...

sir, just how long have you been keeping that joke for just the right moment?
It has aged well, like the wheel of Camembert sitting under the glass beel in my kitchen.
Judge Eaton Beans.....I have to use that on my wife.