Thursday, February 17, 2011

How High The Moon?


I had to post this after seeing it! Jeff Beck has been one of my all time favorite guitarists for 45 or so years. He just finally won a few Grammy Awards and is about to release a new record and a tour with the Irish singer Imelda May. He always acknowledged Les Paul as his main influence and after Les died at the age of 94 in 2009, Jeff started to perform some of Les' music. Here he is with Imelda May at the Les Paul 95th Birthday Tribute performing How High The Moon. Les would have been proud!
Les played at the Iridium Club across from Lincoln Center for years every Monday night. I saw him there a few times, but the Monday night tradition started years earlier at Fat Tuesdays on 2nd Avenue. I saw Les there a few times as well. 
I can' wait to get ahold of Jeff's soon to be released recording, Rock And Roll Party. He kicks off a tour with Imelda May in April.  

No comments: