Sunday, June 12, 2011

Kafka 15 Minute Nude WorkOut....

Look, I'm not an expert. I'm only a pathetic 61 year old dude who is only too aware that 
RUST NEVER SLEEPS!
I was never athletic. I was forced against my will to play on a football team in grade school.
It's only as I got older and wiser that I realized the value of regular exercise and a healthy diet.
I was an asthmatic kid, and still suffer from it, but I think the constant awareness of my affliction kept me  on the path to self improvement. I am a passionate bicyclist and try to enforce a certain fascistic self discipline that I would not expect any other other human to cower to in my fight against gravity.
There are rewards, I think of the alimentary items that most people shrink from in abject horror, such as cracklings, crispy chicken skin, potato chips, pork fat and ham as "health food".
So for years, my daily regimen has been push ups, sit ups, ab crunches and an assortment of  amusing bending and stretching exercises. It takes me about 20 minutes or so a day. If I miss a day, I feel really guilty, but on the other hand, I always give myself a day off. This has gone on for years. I am 6 ft tall and weigh 143 lbs on the average.
About a month ago, I was reading an article about Franz Kafka and his quest for physical health and his obsession with the exercise routines of Danish Gym Instructor J.P. Muller. Muller put together this program in 1904 and it is still is one of the best selling exercise books ever. Kafka did the routine everyday nude in his apartment. Unfortunately for Kafka, he suffered from tuberculosis. I read Mullers book on line and viewed the instructional short version of his program. I really think it's great. I used to do sit ups, but I swear by abdominal crunches. With a little adaptation, Mullers program really makes sense to me. Reading his observations on exercise, diet and modern life, written in 1904 is fascinating. He made a lot of sense then and makes even more sense now.
The video is pretty good at explaining the system by a doctor who is a third generation Muller exercise addict!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I possibility persons tips avoid headed for impart you a number of thoughts as regards how headed for get better your core workout.