Sunday, January 22, 2012

Forever's A Long Time

Okay, this was Don Was's 1997 movie...a collaboration with Francis Ford Coppola.
Forever's A Long Time
A soundtrack with a conceptual band, The Orquestra Was, featuring Herbie Hancock, Merle Travis, Kris Kristopherson,Wayne Kramer and Sweet Pea Atkinson among others as well as Don playing bass among other things. Songs by Hank Williams that are somehow transmogrified inot R&B and Jazz...  Avery hard movie to explain, but for me it is so close to the surface of my unconscious feelings about Detroit...the imaginary no mans land that extended between Cass and Second Avenues where somehow Detroit Soul and Country and Western culture fucked, fought and interbred. Too bad the quality is so lousy...I have this on the original cd, but I can't play the video on my computer.

No comments: