Thursday, July 26, 2012

barefoot gen #5

This is one one of the most brilliant animated works I have ever seen. The graphic content was created by the cartoonist,Keiji Nakazawa who attempted to tell his personal autobiographical experience as a survivor of the Nuclear bombing of Hiroshima. He created an  multi part epic cartoon series, Barefoot Gen which documented his life as a child in WW2 Hiroshima in the days leading up to the Nuclear Holocaust and then the years after.....I said this before, I believe this is the most graphic, brilliant humanist depiction of the Nuclear devastation of Hiroshima ever depicted. The work in the animated images was art directed by Keiji and I myself own the entire series of printed cartoons and can attest to the graphic faithfulness and artistic truth. 

No comments: