Saturday, October 13, 2012

Roquetaillade

In my post on Wednesday, I referred to my visit to the Chateau Fort de Roquetaillade. This remarkable structure and it's domain have been in the hands of the same family for over 700 years. I gave a little of the history, but if you'd like a better glimpse of this place, I found an entire series of videos, a virtual tour, narrated in English by the Vicomtesse, who still lives with her family in the chateau. I have a friend who knows the Vicomtesse and told me that she was rather startled, after having to deal with her for while, learning who she actually was. The Chateau Fort de Roquetaillade is in the Graves wine region South East of Bordeaux and has an large working vineyard. They have produced a very nice not very pricey white wine for a few hundred years. A very refreshing flavor, hints of melon and apple, I do believe it is available in the USA.
We picked up a few bottles for our personal enjoyment back at Vieux Chevrol. The virtual tour is in 4 parts. If you'd like to see the entire tour, Here are the links for Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4....just click on them to go to the video.

No comments: