Sunday, October 28, 2012

Who's Gonna Save My Soul?


Great Sunday Soul Music. Live performance by Gnarls Barkley featuring the absolutely awesome Cee Lo Green.

“Got some bad news this morning
Which in turn made my day
When this someone spoke I listened
All of a sudden has less and less to say
Oh how could this be
All this time
I lived vicariously
Made me feel like somebody
Like somebody else
Although he was imitated often
It felt like I was being myself
This is a shame that someone else’s song
Was totally and completely depended on
I wonder if I’ll live to grow old now
Getting high ‘cause I feel so low down
I may be just a little selfish
All I have is the memory
Yet I never start to wonder
Was it possible you were hurting worse than me
Still my hunger turns to greed
‘Cause what about what I need?

Who’s gonna save my soul now?”

No comments: