Monday, April 01, 2013

Fish And Chocolate

From my collection
Fish and chocolate, a French tradition on April Fools Day. The traditional April Fool Kids prank dates back to medieval time, and you made a paper fish, which you attached to the back of your "victim". Now we still play jokes on each other, but the fish thing has become a chocolate thing...a seasonal speciality. You can read about my attempts at making chocolate fish here...and for some reason, a speciality of the chocolate industry of Belgium...
Too bad that America has lost it's appreciation of April Fools Day. Y'all have seem to have lost your sense of humor in general and I think it it has a lot to do with the Conservatives who seem to have lost the ability to see how fucking ridiculous they are in the eyes of the rest of the world. I read the news and I think everyday is April Fools Day for these jerks, but they aren't joking. The are hermetically sealed in an toxic atmospheric bubble of self righteous indignation. It's not easy to decide what is the best Republican April Fools Prank...hey it's like shooting chocolate fish in a barrel, but I nominate the Republican Chair Woman of Georgia, Sue Everhart as the official Republican April Fool.Not to be too cruel, just look at this mess! 
I swear to god I did not photoshop
this picture! Really!


 She let loose this bizarre theory that people will pretend to be gay in order to get health care benefits. (Maybe we could just, you know, give everybody benefits?)
“Lord, I’m going to get in trouble over this, but it is not natural for two women or two men to be married,” Everhart said. “If it was natural, they would have the equipment to have a sexual relationship.”
Everhart said while she respects all people, if same sex marriage is legalized across the country, there will be fraud.
“You may be as straight as an arrow, and you may have a friend that is as straight as an arrow,” Everhart said. “Say you had a great job with the government where you had this wonderful health plan. I mean, what would prohibit you from saying that you’re gay, and y’all get married and still live as separate, but you get all the benefits? I just see so much abuse in this it’s unreal. I believe a husband and a wife should be a man and a woman, the benefits should be for a man and a woman. There is no way that this is about equality. To me, it’s all about a free ride.”
Everhart said if she had a young child, she wouldn’t want them to have gay parents who would influence that child’s sexual orientation.
“You’re creating with this child that it’s a lifestyle, don’t go out and marry someone else of a different sex because this is natural,” Everhart said. “But if I had a next door neighbor who was in a gay relationship, I could be just as friendly to them as I could be to you and your wife or anybody else. I’m not saying that we ostracize them or anything like that. I’m just saying I’m against marriage because once you get the gay marriage you get everything else.”
 Sue Everhart, The biggest Republican April Fool of 2013! What a Georgia peach! Bless her heart!

No comments: