Sunday, August 04, 2013

I am finally back on line! We had a hugemongous storm here on Friday night...We got off lucky, but many farmers had their crops wiped out by the hail. I had a half hour of cherry sized hail coming down here, but no real damage...I had battened down the hatches and we have some dented vegetables in the garden. I hope my friends at Vieux Chevrol are okay! I heard that a number of vine yards around Castillon and St. Emilion  got decimated, but checking the news, the Libourne area seems to have gotten off light! So we lost our power, phone and internet for almost 36 hours...enough to get me to crank up my generator to keep the freezer frozen. Then me and a friend took the generator to a few neighbors to plug in their freezers for a few hours. To make the day complete, I had to go to the funeral of an old friend in Thenon yesterday afternoon. I had to go! But today after a few false starts, the power came back on a few hours ago and now I am back on line!....btw, the color walls of the first floor of my house is somewhere between angry goldfish and eurovision contestant lips...what color is your life?

No comments: