Sunday, November 17, 2013

You Can't Be Too Careful...Am I Right?

No, really, Am I right? Evan "treefort" Booth, an "independent self described security researcher" who has a website called Terminal Cornucopia takes common items found in most airport terminals at retail kiosks and creates an explosive from them.
In this video, he uses a stainless steel coffee mug, a Li-ion AA battery, a small canister of Axe Body Spray, a condom, and a bottle of water and creates a “Fragguccino” that explodes when thrown. Water contained in the condom breaks, allowing the battery to heat up enough inside the mug to ignite the pressurized body spray canister. He claims that all of these findings have been reported to the Department of Homeland Security (TSA) to help them better detect these types of threats,”

Cheezopeeza, I always knew the Axe Body Spray was deadly, but this puts it into an entirely different context. 
You can't be too careful, am I right? I was flying from Rome to Bordeaux two weeks ago and I changed planes in Marseille. I was smart enough to realize the very cool crossbow I bought in Gubbio would never make it on the plane in my carry on luggage, but I did have a few bars of chocolate and 2 kilos of different varieties of Pecorino cheese...In Italy, the cheese went through the scanner with no problem, but in Marseille? I had to open my luggage and allow the very polite and I must say quite cute security agent to check out my cheese! Luckily, there was no problem with hard cheese, like Pecorino, but they were on the look out for soft cheeses, the very thing to hide plastic explosives in! In other words, Camemberts are a true terrorist threat! 
I had a strange, surreal experience 4 years ago flying from Bordeaux to NYC...I had to change planes in Frankfort, Germany and as I was racing up a flight of stairs to make the connection, I was stopped by a trio of very threatening massive female German security guards who ran a sensor of some kind over my person, then demanded that I unzip my jeans....well, alright, what ever you girls want...I was in the process of fishing out my wedding tackle from my chili pepper patterned boxers when the one in the middle, I think she was the lead singer, told me to stop and pull my pants back up. I think I was actually a bit disappointed....I mean, you can't be too careful! Am I right?????

No comments: