Thursday, September 18, 2014

That Time Already

I just got an emergency message from Chateau Vieux Chevrol where I have worked for the last 12 years that the vendange will be starting earlier than they thought. That's the usual procedure! So I'm doing a bit of scrambling here trying to assemble my survival kit for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully I can get a train ticket tomorrow for Libourne and leave on Sunday afternoon! It is supposed to be a pretty good year here and hopefully the weather will hold out! Above is a video from last year that will give you an idea of what I will be doing for the next 2 weeks. My buddy Paul had a gps watch last year a calculated that we walk about 26 kilometers a day and end up carrying over a ton of grapes on our backs each day! I have a reputation to uphold as the meilleur porteur Americain en France, but I think this year I am in the running for the oldest porteur.....

No comments: